From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] invalid <herd> in metadata.xml
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 19:32:28
1 Thilo Bangert wrote:
2 > Hi everybody,
3 >
4 > the following list of packages uses a invalid <herd> tag in its
5 > metadata.xml. Invalid in the sense of 'could-not-be-found-in-herds.xml'
6 >
7 > Most of them appear to be simple mis-spellings or minor misunderstandings.
8 > Others may lack an entry in herds.xml (s390?).
9 >
10 > AFAICT most packages have straight forward fixes, which will be applied in
11 > about 24 hours. Beat me to it if you want or stop my insanity by speaking
12 > up.
13 >
14 > All packages with <herd>maintainer-needed</herd> will be moved to
15 > <herd>no-herd</herd>.
16 >
17 > kind regards
18 > Thilo
19 >
20 maintainer-needed is different from no-herd. no-herd is valid when a dev
21 is maintaining a pkg outside of a herd. no-herd is not valid for when
22 the package is entirely unmaintained, maintainer-needed would be a
23 better tag for it. I would not make that change.
24
25 I tried to fix up your list and found a handful of the packages not even
26 in existence in the tree. Can you re-run this with a fully up to date tree?
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list