From: "John P.Davis" <zhen@g.o>
To: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New PDA Guide
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:07:51
1 On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:54:03 -0800
2 Alan <alan@×××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:45:24AM -0800, Alan wrote:
5 > > An addition to this would be how to set up a non-usb pilot for the nifty
6 > > automated devfsd EXECUTE tricks. I realize that this would be very
7 > > similiar of course :) Also, a note on the right way to restart devfsd
8 > > would be nice. I tried to kill -HUP it, but no go, and there is no
9 > > init.d script. My devfsd.conf had the following added to try to execute
10 > > the jpilot sync for a palm V (already working with jpilot) on /dev/ttyS0
11 > >
12 > > REGISTER ^tts PERMISSIONS 0.0 0777
13 > > REGISTER ^tts/0 EXECUTE /bin/su alan -c "/usr/bin/jpilot -sync"
14 > >
15 > > I'm not sure what I'm missing here, but having some simple things like
16 > > that in the docs would help the non-usb palm'ers like me :)
17 >
18 > Ok, my mistake, sent off the email a bit too soon :) But I do now have
19 > some more sensical comments :) It should be /usr/bin/jpilot-sync, not
20 > /usr/bin/jpilot -sync
21 >
22 > I'm also wondering if it is possible to have this sort of trickery for
23 > serial devices, as as soon as I run devfsd /dev (after killing it) it
24 > immediately starts the jpilot-sync program. I'm wondering if it is a
25 > USB feature that allows this to be controlled?
26 >
27 > Alan the sheepish
28 >
29 > --
30 > Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
31 > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
32 > "The only thing that experience teaches us is that experience teaches
33 > us nothing. -- Andre Maurois (Emile Herzog)
34 >
35 > --
36 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
37 >
38 So the code that you gave above is for serial devices, but it doesnt quite work yet?
39
40 Thanks for the info ;-)
41
42 Cheers,