From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New PDA Guide
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:55:09
1 On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:45:24AM -0800, Alan wrote:
2 > An addition to this would be how to set up a non-usb pilot for the nifty
3 > automated devfsd EXECUTE tricks. I realize that this would be very
4 > similiar of course :) Also, a note on the right way to restart devfsd
5 > would be nice. I tried to kill -HUP it, but no go, and there is no
6 > init.d script. My devfsd.conf had the following added to try to execute
7 > the jpilot sync for a palm V (already working with jpilot) on /dev/ttyS0
8 >
9 > REGISTER ^tts PERMISSIONS 0.0 0777
10 > REGISTER ^tts/0 EXECUTE /bin/su alan -c "/usr/bin/jpilot -sync"
11 >
12 > I'm not sure what I'm missing here, but having some simple things like
13 > that in the docs would help the non-usb palm'ers like me :)
14
15 Ok, my mistake, sent off the email a bit too soon :) But I do now have
16 some more sensical comments :) It should be /usr/bin/jpilot-sync, not
17 /usr/bin/jpilot -sync
18
19 I'm also wondering if it is possible to have this sort of trickery for
20 serial devices, as as soon as I run devfsd /dev (after killing it) it
21 immediately starts the jpilot-sync program. I'm wondering if it is a
22 USB feature that allows this to be controlled?
23
24 Alan the sheepish
27 Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
29 "The only thing that experience teaches us is that experience teaches
30 us nothing. -- Andre Maurois (Emile Herzog)
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list