From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New PDA Guide
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:46:29
1 An addition to this would be how to set up a non-usb pilot for the nifty
2 automated devfsd EXECUTE tricks. I realize that this would be very
3 similiar of course :) Also, a note on the right way to restart devfsd
4 would be nice. I tried to kill -HUP it, but no go, and there is no
5 init.d script. My devfsd.conf had the following added to try to execute
6 the jpilot sync for a palm V (already working with jpilot) on /dev/ttyS0
7
8 REGISTER ^tts PERMISSIONS 0.0 0777
9 REGISTER ^tts/0 EXECUTE /bin/su alan -c "/usr/bin/jpilot -sync"
10
11 I'm not sure what I'm missing here, but having some simple things like
12 that in the docs would help the non-usb palm'ers like me :)
13
14 alan
15