From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The request to abolish games team policy
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:11:32
1 Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov:
2 > В письме от Пт, 11 июля 2014 16:24:38 пользователь hasufell написал:
3 >
4 >> However, basically having only a single person that actively does such
5 >> reviews + no official overlay makes it hard for contributors.
6 >
7 > As I said previously, you (and any developer else) are free to get a "reviewer" role
8 > for gamerlay (and make it official overlay).
9 > But, AFAIR, you're opinion is hat gamerlay must die...
10 >
11 > So, we fall into infinite circle (exaggeratedly):
12 > — There is no official overlay and no reviewers!
13 > — You can use gamerlay as a base for that and we can change our workline for you.
14 > — Gamerlay is unneded!
15 > <...>
16 > — We need reviewers and official overlay.
20 When I asked you why you don't contribute to sunrise you basically
21 replied on a public channel:
22 Sep 15 18:13:50 <hasufell> I think you are just too lazy for other
23 contribution channels
24 Sep 15 18:15:25 <mva> not that you're fully right, but yes, something
25 like that. I'm too lazy to prove something somebody if it takes too much
26 time for me
27
28 So I think this is maybe also an ego thing (that's why you talk about
29 "proving something"). I have no tolerance or time for stuff like that.
30
31 People often reply aggressively to unrequested reviews or not at all, so
32 I stopped doing such reviews and only do it if I see that someone is
33 interested in improving his ebuild skills or when it matters for the tree.
34
35 That is why gamerlay is going backwards. There is no concept behind
36 gamerlay. The initiator doesn't care about the project anymore, there
37 are no policies to ensure QA or proper workflow. So yes, I don't want to
38 be involved with that. It's not the starting point to improve anything.
39 I'd have to start with removing commit rights in order to force a
40 review-workflow, but I can't and don't even want to do it since it's
41 discouraging.