From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reverse use of Python/Ruby versions
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 13:22:12
1 On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > It is always nice when a person who:
3
4 Please stop the sarcasm. While I understand the reaction, the idea in
5 itself does not seem totally crazy to me, and it seems useful to have
6 a discussion on its merits.
7
8 At the same time, I would not consider it far-fetched to say that you
9 proposed significant changes to handling of manifest hashes, without
10 deep knowledge of the security aspects of the hashing algorithms up
11 for discussion. This is sometimes how we learn. If you feel the thread
12 wastes time, you can just ignore it (as you seem to have done with the
13 manifest hashes thread after a few critical responses, somewhat to my
14 disappointment).
15
16 Cheers,
17