From: "Jean-François Gagnon Laporte" <kioshen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] User support system [WAS: Sunrise contemplations]
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:41:53
1 On 8/16/06, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > I personally dislike python, and I'm not skilled enough in this
4 > language. So I'm not the right one for coding @ pybugz.
5 > But I'm working on my own tool, written in java. It's not very
6 > good yet (currently can only file new bugs), but it's from ground up
7 > independent from the actual tracker software (drivers for virtually
8 > any issue tracker could be plugged in). If anyone likes to have a
9 > look at it, please drop a note to me.
12 You know that java is not available on all arch that Gentoo supports
13 right ? Well, except if you make it run on GCJ but it will seriously
14 limit the scope of your tool IMO. Not that's it a bad idea per se but
15 maybe think of another programming language to build your program.
16
17 Regards,
18
19 Jean-François