From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites: media-tv/tvtime
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 21:13:06
1 On Mar 24, 2013 8:51 PM, "Nikos Chantziaras" <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 24/03/13 22:25, Matt Turner wrote:
4 >>
5 >> On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
6 wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>> And what if it breaks again in the future? Should we go over the same
9 >>> discussion again?
12 >> Can't this be restated as "Shouldn't we tree clean it now since it
13 >> could have bugs in the future?"? Tree cleaning packages over future
14 >> hypothetical bugs seems like bad policy.
17 > Well, even though I wasn't happy to see tvtime getting tree-cleaned, I
18 understand that Gentoo doesn't work with hired packagers. This isn't
19 Ubuntu or RedHat Linux. Gentoo packagers don't maintain what they're not
20 interested in.
21 >
22 > In the end it's another program that will end up in my ~/bin directory.
26 Why? Don't you want to work with me and maintain it together? Why keep it
27 working just for you?