From: Matthieu Sozeau <mattam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: examples
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 23:21:01
1 On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 03:12:54PM -0400, Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.- wrote:
2 > On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Matthieu Sozeau wrote:
3 >
4 > > as there are no strong objections (yet) to this proposal, i will add
5 > > "examples - Adds examples (code, sample documents... NOT sample
6 > > configurations)" to use.desc tomorrow if no one complains.
7 >
8 > I can see I wasn't clear enough before.
9
10 You didn't follow up on the thread you started which turned out to advocate
11 (at least I interpreted it this way) for a distinct 'examples' USE flag,
12 perhaps renamed, so I pushed a little :)
13
14 > I object. The use of the "doc" use flag should cover the installation of
15 > the example code in question. There is no need to add yet another global
16 > use flag for this.
17
18 What if examples was used like a doc subflag ? The point is that some
19 people may want docs but not examples (if they know the API well for
20 example) (and rarely examples but no docs i suspect) and it should be
21 supported by ebuilds, if possible in a general way. What would you say
22 if Karl or myself add 'examples' local USE flags for some ebuilds ?
23
24 -- Matthieu