From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: app-office/calcurse/
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 05:32:41
1 Alec Warner schrieb:
2 > On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 9:54 AM Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o
3 > <mailto:dilfridge@g.o>> wrote:
4 >
5 > Someone needs to grow up here.
8 > Meh, to me (someone who can't commit to ::gentoo) I have a few concerns here.
9 > First, I don't see a lot of QA reverts on the gentoo-dev list. Is it common
10 > practice to post reverts publicly? Second, I'm not aware that we would revert
11 > for things like this. Most of the items you mention look fairly minor (maybe
12 > the python comment looks impactful?) Why can't we fix these items in a future
13 > commit, rather than revert? What did Patrice's commit break?
14
15 If the issues are so serious that we have to prevent any breakage/regressions
16 from reaching users, I guess an alternative response would have been to
17 p.mask the offending new ebuild. Unless the commit caused some tree-wide
18 breakage which I can't see here however.
21 Best regards,
22 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn