From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should Gentoo do https by default?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 17:34:06
1 On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 19:23:51 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Xperia X10 Mini, with ancient Android 2.1.
5 >
6 > bugs.gentoo.org works, though it complains about hostname mismatch (I
7 > guess it doesn't handle wildcard certs or sth).
8
9 Not exactly, it can't handle servers with more than one SSL certificate
10 per IP. A wildcard certificate probably would work. Android 2.3
11 (Gingerbread) is the last release and probably the only OS of any
12 significant concern to not support SNI at all. Even XP does with
13 certain browsers.
14
15 I know that particular phone and to be fair, it's pretty poor. That
16 240x320 screen surely hurts your eyes. ;) You could probably pick up
17 something better for nothing. That phone can also be rooted quite
18 easily (I've done it) and then flashed with something more recent.
21 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
22 Gentoo Linux Developer