From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should Gentoo do https by default?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 17:24:08
1 Dnia 2015-03-29, o godz. 18:50:17
2 Hanno Böck <hanno@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 16:46:05 +0200
5 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > While I don't mind this entirely, we need to make sure to get things
8 > > right. For example, I'm quite unhappy being unable to use Forums or
9 > > sources.g.o from my phone because of some SSL issues…
10 >
11 > Can you be more specific on that? Of course if there are problems we
12 > should fix them - and I'm glad to help in analyzing those.
13 > (However there are some unfortunate issues that are hard to fix, e.g.
14 > some devices relying on broken protocols like sslv3 - but I think these
15 > should be rare)
16 >
17 > What phone? Should we move such issues to bugzilla? (cc me if you open
18 > a bug)
19
20 Xperia X10 Mini, with ancient Android 2.1.
21
22 bugs.gentoo.org works, though it complains about hostname mismatch (I
23 guess it doesn't handle wildcard certs or sth).
24
25 forums.gentoo.org, sources.gentoo.org it first complains about
26 untrusted issuer, and after telling it to configure tries a bit more
27 and gives 'Unable to connect to server, try again later.'
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny