From: Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo: State of the Union
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 12:58:05
1 On Thu, 04 May 2006 11:44:18 +0100
2 Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o> wrote:
3 > However, if you have a separate tree per-arch, that tree can be tested
4 > and approved for release as a single unit.
5
6 How big would this tree be? Would it be every package? How will this make the arch teams' life easier and/or the users' experience better? I still fail to see how this will work any differently than what we have today. Today we have ~arch, someone tests the package for stability on an arch system, and marks it stable. The tester is effectively integrating the package into a stable system. Maybe you could explain how the procedure might go with branches for getting a package from just put into the tree to ~arch to arch and what happens with version bumps.
7
8 ~tcort