From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o>, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AUTHORS file for portage repository
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 17:49:33
1 On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 11:59 AM Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 7:41 AM Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4 > > It makes sense to ensure that the solution actually solves the problem
5 > > before we simply implement it.
6 > >
7 > > If we really need such a file it would probably also make more sense
8 > > to have it auto-generated from git commit headers
9 >
10 > And how do you want to determine whether William's contributions are
11 > copyright Sony or now? Do you want to look up his timezone and check
12 > whether they were made during work hours?
13
14 No, you look at the Copyright-owner header or whatever we want to call
15 it, and use that. Companies that care about labeling what they own
16 can take the time to properly document this.
19 Rich