From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: chutzpah@g.o, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AUTHORS file for portage repository
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 19:58:41
1 On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 9:49 AM Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 11:59 AM Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 7:41 AM Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
6 > > > It makes sense to ensure that the solution actually solves the problem
7 > > > before we simply implement it.
8 > > >
9 > > > If we really need such a file it would probably also make more sense
10 > > > to have it auto-generated from git commit headers
11 > >
12 > > And how do you want to determine whether William's contributions are
13 > > copyright Sony or now? Do you want to look up his timezone and check
14 > > whether they were made during work hours?
15 >
16 > No, you look at the Copyright-owner header or whatever we want to call
17 > it, and use that. Companies that care about labeling what they own
18 > can take the time to properly document this.
19
20 What Copyright-owner header are you talking about? You've been the
21 most outspoken opponent of using what appears to be the standard
22 attribution form specified in GLEP-76, and now that we have what I
23 think is a really good compromise you're against that too?
24
25 I know mailing list debates are your personal pastime but this is a
26 real wasteoftime.