From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Booting in half the time?
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 02:09:56
1 This is one of the downsides of a distributed configuration system -
2 items exist for a long time before anyone stumbles over them.
3
4 Is there a consolidated list of every item one can configure on a gentoo
5 system and a short description that includes what file they hide in? I
6 am thinking of something like a consolidated
7 conf.d/*;rc.conf;make.conf;make.profile;... with a short description of
8 each item.
9
10 I guess I could do this locally by just cat'ting the files together and
11 regularyly diff'ing against this to see whats changed.
12
13 BillK
14