From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: billk@×××××××××.au
Cc: gentoo-dev List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Booting in half the time?
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 02:29:20
1 On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 04:09, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > This is one of the downsides of a distributed configuration system -
3 > items exist for a long time before anyone stumbles over them.
4 >
5 > Is there a consolidated list of every item one can configure on a gentoo
6 > system and a short description that includes what file they hide in? I
7 > am thinking of something like a consolidated
8 > conf.d/*;rc.conf;make.conf;make.profile;... with a short description of
9 > each item.
12 I did post a big announcement to -dev back then ....
13
14 > I guess I could do this locally by just cat'ting the files together and
15 > regularyly diff'ing against this to see whats changed.
18 Well, in theory this is one of the things that CONFIG_PROTECT should
19 be of some help - you should see if new conf items is added ...
22 Thanks,
26 Martin Schlemmer
27 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
28 Cape Town, South Africa