From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:36:29
1 On Samstag, 5. Januar 2008, Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
2 > > Anything other suggestions?
3 >
4 > Let the maintainer of said package decide on the keywording (and therefore
5 > how to handle slacker arches).
6
7 That's not a good idea. What Gentoo needs is users (and this includes
8 co-develoepers) having a reliable maintenance experience across the
9 repository and developers not following our maintenance policies to be
10 booted. In fact the MIPS team should have been given a last chance to reduce
11 the number of keyworded packages to a number the team can handle and
12 otherwise we should have said "Sorry, but goodbye MIPS." long long ago.
13
14 That said, the only reason the old KDE ebuilds are still in the tree is that I
15 didn't kick my ass to do it, yet.
18 Carsten