From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 18:30:53
1 On Saturday, 05. January 2008 18:19:10 Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > This thread so far spawned lots of reply from an external contributor
3 > making the point of keeping stale ebuilds around and 4 developers
4 > against the idea
5
6 Make that 5.
7
8 > Anything other suggestions?
9
10 Let the maintainer of said package decide on the keywording (and therefore
11 how to handle slacker arches).
12
13 An example: An arch cares more about e. g. games (and proudly blogs about
14 it) than KDE. In such a case in the future I'm going to try to work it
15 out with the respective arch and if they don't react in a timely manner,
16 I'll simply remove the stale ebuilds (or whatever action is appropriate).
17
18 And, if that has happened often enough, I will take appropriate steps to
19 make sure such stuff doesn't happen again, e. g. by making sure the
20 ebuilds I maintain are not keyworded by the respective arch again until
21 their problems have been resolved. As will be the case for KDE4. It won't
22 get any mips keyword.
23
24 As for Ciaran's remarks - yes, theoretically, he is right but I don't see
25 him arch testing for mips so his remarks are pretty meaningless to me.
28 Best regards, Wulf