From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla usage by gentoo-java's doing migration work
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:37:51
1 Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > No, it just shows that two different standards are applied and jakub (as
3 > well as some others) do not wish for any discrimination.
4 > If sunrise gets blocked with the argument "it's an overlay" then, by
5 > logic, the Java overlay should get the same treatment, even if this is
6 > stupid, unfair and stupid.
9 Unless there's more discussions going on than I'm privy too... what I
10 grokked out of the IRC log was that the argument was that it's an
11 'unofficial overlay'.
12
13 I take it that an official overlay would be one that's hosted on
14 overlays.g.o? If that's the case, our overlays have been around for at
15 least a year (that's when I started using it as a user), and probably
16 longer than that... which was before overlays.gentoo.org was even
17 around. Additionally, the overlays are managed by the our team, and have
18 been an integral part of our project, having been referenced for some
19 time from our 'official' IRC channel and our project page. In my mind,
20 this effectively make the overlays our 'official overlays'.
21 > I agree with you there. While I'd prefer to get rid of Java I don't let
22 > that influence my behaviour towards the project (or I'd have kicked them
23 > off my server a long time ago!)
24 >
25 I'm sure you'll be happy to know we'll be moving to overlays.gentoo.org
26 as soon as reasonably possible. Note: this was already planned, and it
27 isn't me trying to be grumpy about the direction this discussion seems
28 to be going. We would have moved sooner, but mostly we've been busy
29 working on the migration stuff, so likely won't happen until we've moved
30 that into the tree.
31
32 - Josh
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list