From: George Shapovalov <georges@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Install Instructions
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:50:37
1 Ok, this is it :-).
2 I have been following the discussion of these new install instructions and my
3 feeling is that it is about the right place now. Adding many small
4 specialized topics will make it large and hard for 1st read and step-trough
5 installation.
6 However there definitely are people interested in that or another special
7 topic, and it would be unfare to just draw the line and not accept anything
8 new.
9 So what about having one "basic" install guide and provide a link to a
10 "special topic collection"? For which experts on certain topics willing to
11 see the topic covered will write up a short paraghraph or two and send it to
12 maintainer so it gets included? This is of course if maintainer accept new
13 responsibility. He is doing a great job (and demanding one) already!
14 Just my 2 cents on this :-)
15
16 George
17