From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites: dev-lang/ruby-cvs
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 07:04:34
1 On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:34:00 -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
2
3 > Yes ... upstream moved to SVN right around the first of the year. If you
4 > want, I'll file something in bugzilla to get the details for Ruby 1.9
5 > into Portage as an enhancement. Most of my Rubyist friends go right to
6 > the source repositories anyhow, so I'm not sure it even needs to be in
7 > Portage at this point. 1.9 is scheduled for release around Christmas
8 > 2007.
9
10 Feel free to have a look at it. As I mentioned some work has been done
11 already in bug 173817. I don't think it's currenly high priority for
12 anyone in the ruby herd.
13
14 Kind regards,
15