From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: dev-lang/ruby-cvs
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 01:37:26
1 Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > Hans de Graaff wrote:
3 >
4 >> dev-lang/ruby-cvs builds the latest Ruby 1.9.x version from CVS.
5 >> Except... upstream has moved to SVN, so this ebuild no longer works. It's
6 >> now masked and will be removed in 30 days.
10 > Is there any point in waiting 30 days? Since the ebuild just doesn't
11 > work because of a VCS change, it's clear it won't work at all for anyone
12 > no matter how much hacking they do. The 30 day rule in this case should
13 > not apply.
16 Yes ... upstream moved to SVN right around the first of the year. If you
17 want, I'll file something in bugzilla to get the details for Ruby 1.9
18 into Portage as an enhancement. Most of my Rubyist friends go right to
19 the source repositories anyhow, so I'm not sure it even needs to be in
20 Portage at this point. 1.9 is scheduled for release around Christmas 2007.
21
22 "jRuby" should be closely tracked, however -- they will be at 1.0 in a
23 few weeks, I think.
26 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, PGS, MS, MNLP, NST, ACMC(P)
27 http://borasky-research.net/
28
29 If God had meant for carrots to be eaten cooked, He would have given rabbits fire.
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list