From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perforce client proper license
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 13:40:01
1 On Saturday 21 March 2009 14:50:08 Robert Buchholz wrote:
2 > On Saturday 21 March 2009, Markos Chandras wrote:
3 > > Doing some research I found out that perforce-cli was in the portage
4 > > back in 2006 but not anymore. Can somebody recall the reason why it
5 > > is not there anymore? If it wasn't a license issue , I want to bring
6 > > it back ( at least the client for now ).
7 > > I am waiting your suggestions. Thank you
8 >
9 > Revisiting old bugs, it seems it was removed due to distfile collisions
10 > (same name, different content in several perforce packages):
11 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/123923
12 >
13 > Since we have src_uri arrows now, this is no show-stopper.
16 > Robert
17 Robert,
18 I already used src_uri arrows on that ebuild. The thing is that I don't know
19 how mirrors treat the arrows. Will mirrors save the file using the the normal
20 filename or the one I specified on arrow? If the later, I need to have
21 RESTRICT="nomirror" or something. I took a look on EAPI2 specifications but
22 couldn't find how mirrors behave with arrows.
23 About the licensing issue, i think that the best is to make it dual license
24 cause this is what I get by reading their site over and over again.
25
26 If there are no objections, this package will be on tree withing the next 48
27 hours.
28
29 Thanks
30 - -