From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Useflags: qt, qt3, qt4?
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 01:51:36
1 On 6/20/06, Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
2 > Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
3 [snip]
4 > I don't see how any other suggestion is simpler than mine for developers
5 > or users. Maybe I missed something in skimming the discussion.
6 >
7 > To summarize:
8 >
9 > - USE=qt enables support for the most current qt.
10 >
11 > - USE=qt3 enables qt3 if there is also qt4 interface. This will be an
12 > easy switch now, because very few packages have a qt4 flag, and it will
13 > get progressively harder.
14 >
15 > - Add qt3 to make.defaults to avoid breaking things like KDE.
16 >
17 > I suppose it will also need some clause for the mutually exclusive cases:
18 > USE="qt -qt3" enables most recent
19 > any USE combination containing qt3 forces back to qt3
22 One problem I see with this is users that currently have -qt are going
23 to be confused when it no longer does what they expect
24
25 > Thanks,
26 > Donnie
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list