From: Adam Voigt <adam.voigt@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] Prefixed Emerge's
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:49:54
1 Well I was thinking of making the original prefix the default, so
2 essentially if PREFIX is set then like where the default path would
3 be /var then the new path would be PREFIX/var, but if PREFIX is empty, then
4 it just goes to /var. I was debating whether like man pages should still go to the
5 default directory, because as much sense as it makes to make them go the default
6 man directory, the ./configure doesn't pay attention to where man pages are supposed
7 to go, it says "alright, I hope you know what your doing" and puts everything,
8 under your PREFIX, so that would be an absolute control type deal, but having
9 it set them in the default man page dir would be more helpful in 99% of cases, so
10 it's kind of a tossup.
11
12 Adam Voigt
13 adam.voigt@××××××××××.com