From: Paul de Vrieze <paul@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] Prefixed Emerge's
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:38:36
1 On Tuesday 16 April 2002 21:35, Adam Voigt wrote:
2 > If you mean a override switch where an ebuild could turn off
3 > allowing a custom prefix, I would think it would be as simple as at
4 > the top of that ebuild setting PREFIX="", to override the
5 > enviorment variable.
6 >
7 > Also, if you mean dependenices for each package, I would think
8 > those packages would still go to there default directory (for
9 > instance I don't see any reason for the gnome-lib package to go
10 > anywhere but /usr/lib or wherver it needs to go, plus if they
11 > really wanted to, they could just edit the /etc/ld.so.conf if they
12 > know the libraries will be in a special directory).
15 I mean it the other way around. You still need to specify the original
16 prefix anyway (so that docs and config files don't move as it really
17 breaks things). You also want to be compatible with existing ebuilds
20 Paul de Vrieze
21 Junior Researcher
22 Mail: pauldv@××××××.nl
23 Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net