From: Adam Voigt <adam.voigt@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] Prefixed Emerge's
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:35:10
1 If you mean a override switch where an ebuild could turn off allowing
2 a custom prefix, I would think it would be as simple as at the top of that
3 ebuild setting PREFIX="", to override the enviorment variable.
4
5 Also, if you mean dependenices for each package, I would think those packages
6 would still go to there default directory (for instance I don't see any reason
7 for the gnome-lib package to go anywhere but /usr/lib or wherver it needs to go,
8 plus if they really wanted to, they could just edit the /etc/ld.so.conf if they know
9 the libraries will be in a special directory).
10
11 Adam Voigt
12 adam.voigt@××××××××××.com
13