From: Henti Smith <bain@××××××.org>
To: Evan Read <eread@×××××××××.org>
Cc: vapier@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Questions on creating an ebuild
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:19:03
1 > Though it isn't autoconf'd at all so I can't seem to do --info-dir,
2 > --man-dir etc. Will have to try to resolve that.
3 >
4 > How do others do it when the upstream's configure script ain't autoconf'd.
5
6 Ussually it's acually very simply a case of passing the parms with the make command.
7 Look throught the Makefile and spot the var names for those "there should be some"
8
9 eg.
10
11 emake \
12 INFO_DIR=${D}/usr/share/info \
13 MAN_DIR=${D}/usr/share/man
14
15 If you need a hand with testing the build .. lemme know ... I've been working on my own ebuilds as well
16 and love to see how other people do theirs :)
17
18 Henti Smith