From: Matthew Walker <mwalker@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Fwd: gentoo.org reorg (GDN/GUN)]
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:40:03
1 Another ditto here.
2
3 I see absolutely no reason to do this. ACL's on editting stuff, yes. On
4 reading it? No! Shouldn't even have to log in to use it at all. Having a
5 login for those who /wish/ to have one would be nice, and could maybe give
6 them some extra features. But the general information in the developers
7 section should be available to all. That is, afterall, the spirit of open
8 source.
9
10 Matthew
11
12 William Kenworthy said:
13 > I agree, this could be very counter productive. By all means have some
14 > private commincation channels for core developers, but this looks too much
15 > closed source/microsoftish
16 >
17 > BillK
18 >