From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Only you can prevent broken portage trees
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:57:25
1 Stephen Bennett napsal(a):
2 > On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:18:26 +0100
3 > Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Sure I did... Could you tell me why should we accumulate broken and
6 >> vulnerable junk in the tree for years? (Outdated ebuild A depends on
7 >> junky outdated ebuild B which depends on crappy, unsupported ebuilds
8 >> C, D and E which... )
9 >
10 > To avoid breaking the dep tree for users. Quite simple really.
11
12 Ah. That's apparently much more important than not breaking users by
13 providing them w/ non-vulnerable, decently uptodate stuff that's not
14 ridden by tons of bugs. Yup. :P
18 Best regards,
19
20 Jakub Moc
21 mailto:jakub@g.o
22 GPG signature:
23 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
24 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
25
26 ... still no signature ;)