From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Retirement
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 04:51:15
1 On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On 00:26 Mon 11 Aug , Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> My retirement is probably long overdue as I haven't really been active
7 >>> for several months. It is now clear to me that Gentoo is not moving in the
8 >>> direction I had wished for and the last council election indicates that most
9 >>> current Gentoo developers appear to be satisfied with this current
10 >>> direction. Therefore farewell. If anybody wants to reach me I can be reached
11 >>> at bo.andresen at zlin.dk.
12 >>
13 >> Adios guys, and thanks for all the work you've put into Gentoo while you
14 >> were here! Best of luck on your future endeavors.
15 >
16 > They always say that stuff but never bother explaining what the direction
17 > they wish for actually is. As a user I get the impression that there's some
18 > kind of evil Cabal.
19
20 Despite our best efforts Gentoo is not a fun-loving community where
21 everyone gets along.
22 If you want to call the fact that the majority of developers want to
23 go in direction 'X' a cabal; then so be it.
24
25 Many folks are happy at the current pace of development. I imagine
26 these two folks were frustrated at the lack
27 of new features in the ebuild spec that were readily available in
28 kdebuild-1 and decided to move on. More power to them I say.
29
30 -Alec