From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perforce client proper license
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 14:13:17
1 On Saturday 21 March 2009 15:46:19 Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > Markos Chandras wrote:
3 > > Hello folks,
4 > >
5 > > Qt-creator[1] program can support perforce[2] software configuration
6 > > manager. My concern is the perforce license. According to their site[3]
7 > > there is a dual(?) license.
8 > > There is the standard commercial license[4] and one for free software
9 > > development[4]. Should I add both? Or am I missing something?
10 >
11 > How about a single text file stating the main facts from
12 > [3] and [4]?
16 > Sebastian
17 >
18 > > [3] http://www.perforce.com/perforce/price.html#license
19 > > [4] http://www.perforce.com/perforce/price.html#opensource
20
21 Sebastian,
22 Why would I want to do that? The license files should stay untouched. There is
23 nothing wrong of having both licenses on ebuild since this is the upstream
24 policy.
25 --
26 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
27 Gentoo Linux Developer