From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New GLEP -- New ombudsman position
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 13:20:53
1 On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:29:05PM -0400 or thereabouts, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Abstract
3 > ========
4 >
5 > This GLEP proposes that we extend the current proposed management
6 > structure by adding a position of Ombudsman that would fall under
7 > devrel, qa, and pr. An ombudsman is one who has been assigned to
8 > *impartially* investigate complaints and settle disputes.
9
10 Settle how? Does this position (as proposed) have any power to make
11 decisions or is it more intended to try and find a common ground through
12 discussions and negotiations?
13
14 When is it appropriate to use this ombudsman? How does one contact the
15 person? Are disputes logged and/or public?
16
17 I have my own thoughts and opinions on this idea, but I want to make sure I
18 fully understand the proposal first.
19
20 --kurt