From: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] issues with installing a new kernel
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 10:47:51
1 Hi,
2
3 I found a couple of issues with installing a new kernel...
4
5 First of all, I accidently installed the package w/o first mounting
6 /boot. So, after I rebooted, grub loaded the old kernel, since it
7 wasn't overwritten by the new one. I don't know if it would be a good
8 idea to mount /boot from the ebuild script, but we should maybe add
9 some kind of warning to it to at least remind people of it. Second, I
10 *do* think it would be a good idea to add depmod -a {kernel_version}
11 to the ebuild script, since this only changes stuff in the new module
12 directory, which just got installed anyways. What do you guys think?
13
14 Pete