From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenRC available for testing.
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:30:33
1 On Thursday 03 January 2008, Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 03. January 2008 11:18:19 Richard Brown wrote:
3 > > While this thread remains highly entertaining, I'm sure as a past
4 > > gentoo developer Roy remembers that we don't generally use gentoo-dev
5 > > to bug fix poorly written makefiles,
6 >
7 > First of all, OpenRC is likely to become an integral part of Gentoo so its
8 > discussion is most likely on-topic here.
9 >
10 > Furthermore, I prefer reading about "poorly written" Makefiles instead of
11 > poorly written mails, dear Richard.
12
13 come guys, lesbie friends. Richard has a point that discussing broken
14 makefiles generally isnt on topic for the list, but it'd be hard to maintain
15 separate threads properly (off-list/somewhere else about building, on-list
16 about conventions/changes/etc...). people miss things and the threads get
17 fragmented and it's a mess. so please just bear the brunt of the on/off
18 topic pieces as in the end the winner clearly is us.
19
20 > You might want to remember that subscription to his mailinglist is no
21 > longer mandatory if technical discussions bother you so much.
22
23 this really wasnt needed. he had a valid concern. please give up some hugz.
24 -mike