From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Code Review Systems Was: [gentoo-dev] Git Migration: launch plan & schedule
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 17:04:54
1 On 07/06/2015 12:42 PM, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Alec Warner wrote:
3 >> Its difficult to make a large change like "all commits require review",
4 >> particularly for long-time contributors who are expecting to move quickly.
5 >
6 > I think it's a character flaw (maybe hubris due to lack of experience
7 > and/or ignorance?) to lack the humility to say that I would prefer my
8 > commits to be reviewed by peers.
11 I would love my commits to be reviewed, but I usually don't feel like
12 reviewing anyone else's. That's... not uncommon.
13
14 So what it comes down to is that I would rather have my work reviewed by
15 no one and get committed rather than be reviewed by no one and sit in a
16 review queue for months or years.
17
18 And while it's not quite as good, the stabilization process serves a
19 similar purpose.