From: Alexander V Vershilov <alexander.vershilov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Over-reliance of Gentoo projects on overlays
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 07:37:02
1 On 16 June 2013 08:08, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 6/12/13 11:51 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
3 >> Still seems like working in gentoo-x86 without doing stabilization
4 >> would cover most of those bases. Working in the unstable main tree is
5 >> still a lot better than keeping stuff out there in an overlay, IMO.
6 >
7 > +1
8 >
9 > This works really well for the Gentoo Chromium team, where we have just
10 > hard masked packages and ~arch packages right in the tree.
11
12 In this is a continuation of a 'gentoo-haskell' sub-thread I have to say that
13 Chromium and co. it not a development library this is a end user application.
14 End user applications should be in tree (except for some testing reasons), if
15 not just ignore this letter. And thanks for your work.
18 Alexander