From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Over-reliance of Gentoo projects on overlays
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 04:08:31
1 On 6/12/13 11:51 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
2 > Still seems like working in gentoo-x86 without doing stabilization
3 > would cover most of those bases. Working in the unstable main tree is
4 > still a lot better than keeping stuff out there in an overlay, IMO.
5
6 +1
7
8 This works really well for the Gentoo Chromium team, where we have just
9 hard masked packages and ~arch packages right in the tree.
10
11 It helps with earlier detection of problems, especially with ~arch
12 packages. I also know there are developers who are using the hard masked
13 packages (thanks!) and I'd like to make that as easy as possible. Also,
14 because no overlays are needed, we are all on the same page about other
15 packages installed on the system.
16
17 Paweł