From: "Dice R. Random" <dicerandom@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] generating ChangeLog files automatically from `cvs commit`
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 03:48:20
1 On 8/16/05, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
2 > GLEP 31 is withdrawn until Gentoo gets some means of removing commit
3 > access from people who say "nyah nyah I don't feel like following the
4 > rules and so I'll just carry on breaking stuff as I see fit". As it
5 > stands I've been told by various people that they have no interest in
6 > ensuring that their commits are UTF-8 safe (even if there's an
7 > automated check that warns them when they're about to break something),
8 > and I don't consider it fair to force lots of repoman warnings upon
9 > other developers who *do* care about that kind of thing who just happen
10 > to be the next person to touch a package that got broken.
11
12 Seems to me that such people should have their developer status revoked.
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list