From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 09:38:20
1 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> writes:
2
3 [ ... ]
4
5 > For most tasks of portage speed really really doesn't matter. There
6 > are only a few parts of portage where speed is actually an issue and
7 > python can interface with c/c++ easilly. The only valid reason for
8 > not wanting python would be the ability to create a standalone
9 > (maybe even static) version of portage.
10
11 ack. besides, no programming language out there will help Portage
12 by anything but design. I/O is the bottleneck, and heck, I've seen
13 faster I/O in perl than in C.
14
18 Terje
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list