From: Consus <consus@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bug #565566: Why is it still not fixed?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 08:03:07
1 On 18:46 Thu 25 Feb, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > I'm considering bolting together some Perl that would allow you to run
3 > a small HTTP service rooted in a git repo dir, and would then generate
4 > given changes files on demand and then cache their results somehow.
5 >
6 > Then you could have a "Live changes as a service" where interested
7 > parties could simply do:
8 >
9 > curl http://thing.gentoo.org/changes/dev-lang/perl
10 >
11 > and get a changelog spewed out instead of burdening the rsync server
12 > with generating them for every sync.
13
14 Well, we do have one
15
16 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/log/dev-lang/perl
17
18 I bet folks want to check out what's new in their local copy of Portage
19 tree.