From: Peter <pete4abw@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Did portage 2.1 change default use flags?
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:16:48
1 On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:47:42 +0000, Duncan wrote:
2
3 > Peter <pete4abw@×××××××.net> posted
4 > pan.2006.06.14.15.29.03.897668@×××××××.net, excerpted below, on Wed, 14
5 > Jun 2006 11:29:06 -0400:
6 >
7 >> The use.default file in default-linux is now empty. The one in base
8 >> gives you nothing to compare it against. Was there another file you
9 >> meant?
10 >
11 > You don't /need/ another file to compare it against. That you seem to
12 > think you do implies you don't quite understand how the thing worked,
13 > which explains why you don't see the problem with it.
16 I responded to this sentence:
17 >>Interested in
18 >>figuring out what use flags were turned off? Check out
19 >>/usr/portage/profiles/base/use.defaults and other use.defaults files
20 >>that correspond to your profile.
21
22 I read that to mean "compare the base use.default with the other
23 use.defaults file and note the differences." It could also read "look at
24 the base use.default as well as the other use.default files." It was a
25 case of semantics and an ambiguously worded sentence, not my inability to
26 comprehend use.defaults.
29 > --
30 > Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program
31 > has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master."
32 > Richard Stallman
35 Peter
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list