From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emake question
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 00:05:35
1 On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 11:08:21PM -0400, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Mikael Hallendal wrote: [Wed Aug 22 2001, 12:39:04AM EDT]
3 > > So this discussion can be postponed until we have this need.
4 >
5 > Yup, you're right. It made sense to me at the time, but now we've come
6 > full circle and it doesn't any more. :-|
7
8 But your idea to not forcefully pass MAKEOPTS to submakes is a good one
9 and is something that we should probablly do. This tends to cause the
10 Linux kernel to for MAKEOPTS * MAKEOPTS gcc processes, from what I recall.
11 Maybe removing this as you suggest will fix it. If you want to modify
12 emake on cvs (/usr/portage/sys-apps/portage/files/1.5/bin/emake) go ahead
13 and do so, and let me know when you have.
14
15 Best Regards,
18 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
19 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org