From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News draft #2 for the udev-210 upgrade (was: 209 upgrade)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 14:18:57
1 On 25/02/14 15:26, Thomas D. wrote:
2 > No, not locations. My choice was not to use systemd. Now a package,
3 > sys-fs/udev, turns into systemd-udev...
4 >
5 > Also: If it wouldn't be possible to keep sys-fs/udev as it was I
6 > wouldn't bother that much. But as said, Lars (Polynomial-C) showed us
7 > that we don't need to turn sys-fs/udev into systemd-udev...
8 >
9 > So I am asking why we are doing that for people who don't use systemd?
10
11 Nobody is doing anything except using upstream names for those
12 files and directories as defined in the Makefile.am
13 I can't speak for everybody, but in general, we are not in the business
14 of randomly changing things when there is no technical reason for it
15
16 I couldn't care less about the so called 'pro-systemd', or 'anti-systemd'
17 propaganda that's out there. And nobody can influence me with that
18 crap for udev's maintenance. I'm completely neutral to that spat,
19 and even if I weren't, I wouldn't bring that crap over to udev's
20 maintenance.
21 What requires to be done will be done, to keep the functionality up-par
22 with the sys-fs/udev-171 we had as longstanding version before.
23 Only technical arguments have weight.