From: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Moving HOMEPAGE out of ebuilds for the future
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 14:42:05
1 On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 02:23:48PM +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > Please submit all comments, as long as they are not "I don't like XML"
3 > or "XML is the wrong answer" and similar since the point here is not to
4 > discuss the format of metadata but rather where to have it.
5
6 XML is the wrong answer. Sorry, but in this case, I'm arguing that this
7 should not be in metadata.xml but in,say, a per-package eclass. Also,
8 you don't have to worry about different HOMEPAGE's for different
9 versions/slots because you get that for free as soon as you decide to
10 use per-package/per-category eclasses. Really, we might as well use
11 per-package eclasses for this(not to mention the fact that they are
12 useful in other cases.)
13
14 Regards,
15 Thomas