From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] summary: proposed solutions to arches/stable problem
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 05:13:50
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote: [Wed Jun 23 2004, 06:53:01AM EDT]
2 > I think that before this all, we first and all need to get absolutely clear
3 > what we want to do with these keywords. As a package maintainer I know that
4 > it can sometimes be displeasing when other archs mark your package as stable.
5 > I do however not think that we need to spend that much effort on the problem.
6 >
7 > If we want to spend the effort we however should first make clear the purpose,
8 > not just make clear what the arch maintainer's keyword is without making it
9 > clear what is the purpose of this knowledge.
10
11 Right now I am going to bed, but I will make sure to include an
12 explanation of the goal and rationale for change in my next round-up,
13 which I will send out tomorrow. Thanks, I didn't mean to be pursuing
14 something that wasn't clear to everybody.
15
16 Regards,
17 Aron
20 Aron Griffis