From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] summary: proposed solutions to arches/stable problem
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:53:03
1 On Tuesday 22 June 2004 23:33, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > At this point I've made a couple suggestions, and developers have
3 > voiced either support or objections, and raised some good arguments
4 > either way. I'm hoping this email will summarize the three suggested
5 > approaches, their pros and cons, and we can eventually converge on a
6 > single solution.
7
8 I think that before this all, we first and all need to get absolutely clear
9 what we want to do with these keywords. As a package maintainer I know that
10 it can sometimes be displeasing when other archs mark your package as stable.
11 I do however not think that we need to spend that much effort on the problem.
12
13 If we want to spend the effort we however should first make clear the purpose,
14 not just make clear what the arch maintainer's keyword is without making it
15 clear what is the purpose of this knowledge.
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze
21 Gentoo Developer