From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] <non-maintainer-commits-welcome/> proposal
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 23:50:02
1 On Mon, Jul 4, 2022 at 7:21 PM Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > It had 3 states however:
4 > a) go ahead and touch it, no additional approvals needed
5 > b) please get a maintainer to approve it
6 > c) do not touch it
9 ++
10
11 Though to be fair b is really no different from what just about
12 anybody can do via a pull request. I don't think most maintainers are
13 going to be hovering between a vs c. I suspect most are going to be
14 divided between a vs b. I guess I could see an argument for c if some
15 package is really finicky and tends to get a lot of repetitive
16 requests for changes that won't work for reasons that might not be
17 obvious, but I'm not sure if that is really a concern.
20 Rich