From: Kevin <gentoo-dev@××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] kernel module dm-mod
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:50:03
1 Hi All-
2
3 It looks to me like the subject module is absent from
4 vanilla kernel sources (not Gentoo, but real vanilla
5 kernels). But I see that Gentoo kernel packages have
6 it.
7
8 Can someone tell me how to get the kernel patch (if
9 that's what it is) to make this module and use it with
10 a plain vanilla kernel?
11
12 I've found this site
13 (http://people.sistina.com/~thornber/dm/), but is that
14 the authoritative source for this? I'd like to use
15 this on a Gentoo box, but I'd like to build my own
16 kernel from scratch and would like to avoid any
17 incompatibilities between my Gentoo box and my
18 self-built vanilla kernel as I will probably switch
19 between my kernel and a Gentoo kernel from time to
20 time.
21
22 Also, how many other kernel patches (and which ones) do
23 the Gentoo kernel packages contain (that differ from
24 the standard linux kernel sources)?
25
26 TIA.
27